Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's Been A Long Time....





















I have not got to write anything in awhile so I will try and get back up to speed the best I can. All three of my kids have had some kind of cold over the last two weeks, Jackson and Brody have both had to be on antibiotics and Kenna still has a really bad cough. Brody has been the sickest, it all started with an ear infection and he had a cough and then he started throwing up. I called Dr Bowen and she started on him on antibiotic right then and he started to get a little better but he was still continuing to throw up everytime he woke up from a nap or in the morning, I am beginning to think he might be slightly lactose intolerant because yesterday he had one bottle of milk (I know he is to old to be on the bottle but he is the baby and it is hard to give up all this when I know he is my last) and thats it and hasn't thrown up in twenty four hours. I am hoping we have figured out the problem, I am keeping my fingers crossed. It is so hard when Brody gets sick, I still get so scared that something bad is going to happen so I watch him like a hawk and constently make sure he is breathing normal, I am sure this is annoying to him but I don't ever want him to be that sick again.. On a lighter note we got to go on a field trip with Jackson's class to the Science Museum, Russell and I got to spend some quality one on one time with Jackson. He is such a good little boy and brings so much joy to our lives. He loved the museum, some things were a little to old for him to understand but we still had a great time and always love to see him get so excited about seeing new things.. Oklahoma had big winter storm on that started on Thursday (January 28) that was constent until Friday evening, we got about 3/4 inch of ice and around 6 inches of snow on top of that. We haven't gotten out of the house since Wednesday, well at least me and the boys haven't but the snow looks beautiful. Kenna and Russell went to the Daddy/ Daughter dance tonight and had a great time. Kenna is really coming into her own and is gaining so much self confidence, Russell said she was dancing on the dance floor when no one else was which is a huge change from last year when she barely went on the dance floor and never by herself. She and Russell had their little dance routine that she loved which is where he spins her and slides her between his legs followed by the dip, this was a little hard on Daddy's back but it was all worth it for Kenna. She spent most of the night dancing with Daddy, Olivia, and Uncle Matt but still got to see some of her other special friends there. Russell said she did the zombie dance when Thriller came on and she also broke out the Robot moves, I love that she is having fun and not worried about being embarrassed, I hope she only gains more self confidence every year. They had a blast and now Russell is worried that next year he won't be able to keep up with her but I know no matter what they will always have a good time together!! I am off to get my baby to sleep and hopefully not go this long again without blogging...

1 comment:

  1. So I promise I am not stalking you. haha but I found your blog when I was looking at all the "yukon" people. Love you Caren and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete