Monday, October 11, 2010

Kenna's Big Moment



It was a very big weekend for Kenna, she performed her first solo ever. She entered the Mini Solo Division at OU and it was held at the Lloyd Noble Center. Just Kenna and I went because Brody got sick with a high fever on Friday night and daddy stayed home with him and Kenna didn't want to invite anyone because she was so nervous and was so scared they would see her mess up. We have been working up to this moment since August. I have never considered me a stage mom but I think this solo tested me in every sense of the word. Kenna and I have had so many meltdowns together during practices at home, poor Miss Darcy had to give us a pep talk and from then on I promised myself more compliments than critiques. Apparently Kenna did not need any critiquing because on October 9th, 2010 she walked out on the huge gym floor where in my eyes she looked like she was so little and she blew me away with her confidence. At this moment watching her, it didn't matter about a toe that wasn't pointed or a facial that wasn't made or a leap that wasn't high enough, all that I saw was a little girl who overcame her fears and all those years of being the only mom sitting in dance class with a crying little girl who wanted to dance so bad but was too embarrassed had paid off. I knew I would be proud of her but I had no idea the emotions that would come over me, the minute she walked on that floor I realized once again what an amazing young lady her daddy and I were raising and how lucky we are to call her ours, not only did she make us proud this day but every day. On the technical part she won first runner up and got a medal, but as far as Kenna is concerned she won and I tend to agree with her. She got to do this competition with one of her closest friends, Brenna, and I am so glad the girls got to share this experience together, it is definetly a memory that will last a lifetime. Kenna and I have made such great friends through dance and I just hope they will continue to develop. From here we will have her next solo competition on November 13th in Sapulpa, and Kenna is so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment