Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving & Holiday Decorating

I am so thankful that God chose me to their mommy!!
 I have so much to be thankful for this year.  My husband who is the my best friend and the best daddy ever, my three babies who bring so much joy to my life everyday, my siblings and nieces and nephews, and my wonderful friends who are always there whether I need a good laugh, a glass of wine, or a shoulder to cry on. 


Nothing like spending time with your cousins!
We spent Thanksgiving this year with my family at Mimi and Pops house.  I look forward to this meal every year because my Grandma's stuffing is my favorite food in the world, my mom makes it now and has mastered the secret recipe. I made potato casserole and green bean casserole and everything turned out perfect.  I love watching all the cousins run and play until they crash, this is what I looked forward to when I was younger-there is nothing like being with your family and playing with your cousins.  Those are some of my favorite memories growing up so I am glad my kids are close to their cousins and hope they will look back someday and cherish these moments.




Love decorating with my assistants, they make it so much more fun!

After we ate, we went home and I got ready to go on an all night shopping adventure with my mom, Lacy, Meredith, and Carrie Duncun for Black Friday.   We started at midnight and went out to the mall, Old Navy, and then back to Yukon for Target and Wal Mart.  I am not sure if I like getting up at 4 in the morning or going all night either way this is a day that I love because it is something I do with my mom and sisters every year and even with all the madness we always have fun. I was very tired when we got home at 8 in the morning but my hubby let me sleep until one and then I had leftovers for lunch and dinner.  We put our Christmas decor up or should I say I am still putting my Christmas decor up..haha..I am changing my theme this year and now I am wondering why I did this because I am having to go and buy more decor.  We are doing silver, turquoise, and cobalt blue.  It is so pretty but my old decor was green, red, and gold so I am decorating my kitchen in the reds.  I am sure it will all come together but I am getting a little stressed, wish I wasn't such a perfectionist, it would be easier.  Well off to try to finish my project....

No comments:

Post a Comment